AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Tall and Tan and Young and Lovely


Michael Baisden’s radio show with the same name discusses issues that are supposedly meant to bridge the chasm between men and women. His perspective, from what I gather, is to let women in on the secrets that would enable them to keep a man. I was supposed to be a guest on the show and for some reason, they . . . well, I’m not sure what happened. A producer called me and asked me to be on the show and told me she would contact me in a couple of weeks to discuss a date for me to be on the show and then never called back, returned my emails, nothing. Apparently he changed his mind about having me on the show. Probably a good thing because I have LOTS of issues with Mr. Baisden. I’ve not read his books, nor do I have any desire to having listened to his radio program. I find him to be one of the most offensive men with a public voice who does nothing but promote misogyny.

I was listening to the Michael Baisden show the other day and he was discussing the Brazil phenomenon. Black men are
going to Brazil in droves to experience uninhibited sex with the women there. He went on and on about how BEAUTIFUL the women there were. He said that the women there make the most beautiful women in this country look average. He named off who he considered the most beautiful women which included Halle Berry, J Lo, and Beyonce. I was so furious I almost drove off the road. Mr. Baisden, let me say to you, that if you find women with African features and brown skin so repulsive, the very same women who brought your books and propelled you to fame, take your happy ass right on the fuck to Brazil and live there. If the only women you find attractive don’t look like your mama, then I would invite you to pack your bags and move to Rio immediately.

This trend, for brothas to go to Brazil in search of sex with multiple mulatto hookers, and MOVE there is yet another glaring example of how Black men are emotionally immature and piss poor partners in relationships because their priorities are fucked. It’s extraordinarily superficial and shallow to want women to use as sexual objects and to control. And you can best believe that they are doing more than having sex, there’s scat, bestiality, pedophilia and any perverse thing you can imagine going on in Brazil. Who, besides me, is going to identify the pathology of black men who are so emotionally immature as to want women to shit and piss on and fuck like dogs, or be fucked by dogs and consider that heaven as opposed to forming a relationship with a woman who is going to be supportive and work towards building a family and future together? Black men that go to Brazil state that the women there “never question your judgment or threaten your authority.” Real men aren’t that insecure. What authority can you have if you need to pay women to sleep with you? Little boys need unconditional approval no matter how foul their behavior is. How extraordinarily immature! Isn’t that their same argument about white women? Us dumbass Black women are trying to be meet the impossible standards of these damaged men in order to find a partner when we need to be saying, “AWWWW hell no.” I wouldn’t even want to touch a man after he came back from Brazil, I wouldn’t even want to be in the same room as one because they are damaged psychologically. That’s a twisted and sick individual that sees women as things to purchase.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting commentary. I caught this show as well as the npr radio show it is based upon. In addition, I have a friend who spends 1/2 of his year in Brazil due to work. He confirms most of the negative stereotypes of the men that go on these "sex vacations," but is very quick to point out that this is hardly a black phenomenon. I am not trying to stick up for any man that uses women in this manner but my question for you is, what grouping of men (racial or otherwise) have you found that exhibit the level of emotional maturity you would like to see? (note, this is not flamebait. I am genuinely curious)

AfroerotiK said...

Men of the Adodi community seem to exhibit the emotional maturity I think should be the model for all Black men. Men who have embraced the concept of the divine feminine are men who have stopped treating women like objects to be aquiried and traded like baseball cards.