AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Black BDSM





I'm engaged in an interesting discussion (thankfully, not a debate) about the concept of Black men dominating Black women, and subsequently, Black women dominating Black men.  Several very important questions have been asked of me and I feel it's essential to share my reflections for the larger public in order that others MIGHT examine their own motives, objectives and beliefs and reconsider what they know to be true. 

I dominate white men and white men only.  In this country, with its despicable history of slavery and the exponentially sadistic and cruel treatment our ancestors endured at the hands of white people, treatment in which they did not receive sexual pleasure but that trapped them in a life of servitude, I will NEVER dominate a black body.  I will not degrade, humiliate, or oppress a Black man.  I will, however, work to educate him, lift him up so that he might see his greatness, will offer my unconditional love, support and encouragement.  I owe Black men that much for all that they must endure. 

Black submissive women have been led to believe that choosing to be dominated, giving consent to being beaten and abused by Black men is an empowering alternative to the repeated and persistent rape, molestation, an abuse that we have received at the hands of the men who were entrusted to care for us and who betrayed us.  That is not empowerment, that is conforming to abuse because you know of no alternatives.  It hurts me deeply, on a cellular level, when Black men feel the need to dominate Black women who have been molested, raped, objectified, abused and treated like society's trash. Why is it so hard for us to love each other holistically and completely, without the power exchange and the physical abuse that has been beaten into us?  Obviously, the question is rhetorical. 

Black submissive men are largely, but certainly not all, manifestations of Black men who don't have a foot of black dick swinging between their legs and their internalized self-hatred and low self-esteem resulting from not seeing themselves as “real” Black men in a culture that ONLY respects the engorged penises of African American men.  Manhood is more than just having a big dick however.  Manhood is more than being a hyper-masculine basketball player/rapper/drug dealer who lives to fuck white women.  I've tried to show Black men that manhood is having integrity, keeping your word, developing one's natural skills and abilities with the hopes that they might see that their need to be degraded and shamed for not measuring up to the Mandingo myth is not a measure of their worth in this society. 

Finally the submissive Black men and women who need to submit to white people have an inherent belief that they are inferior, they want to be accepted and loved and valued but they come in the body of darkness that society abhors.  They seek out punishment, to want to be called a nigger whore and other racial epithets because they want to be punished for not being white.  It is the doll experiment all grown up.  Society reinforces in subtle and not so subtle ways that Black is the wrong color.  Is it any wonder that behind closed doors, the very people who want to be respected, who feel frustrated and trapped in a skin color they have been told is wrong seek out insecure white individuals who will degrade them for their Blackness? 

The alternative is to teach Black women to love themselves, to love their dark skin and big lips and their natural, nappy hair that society continually tells them is wrong and bad and ugly.  Love the package that The Creator wanted you to have.  The alternative for Black women is to teach them not to be ashamed of being a victim of rape and molestation as we've been taught to do but rather to shame their abusers publicly and to find TRUE empowerment in demanding that they be treated with sensuality and eroticism and romance rather than submitting to the very men who get pleasure from seeing their pain.  The alternative is for Black women to know their true worth is not to be kicked and slapped and restrained and treated like an object but to KNOW that they are Divine manifestations of the one most high and that is not a white male in sky punishing them for their darkness. 

The alternative for Black men who enjoy dominating Black women?  I don't think there is one.  Their need to feel power over something that comes in the exact form of their mother, the person who gave them life, is reprehensible to me.  If you choose to beat and punish that representation to boost your self-esteem or get sexual pleasure I fear for your eternal soul. 

I dominate white men and men only.  I do not dominate white women because they are victims of the same patriarchal society that oppresses me.  While we do not have the same struggles, I will not participate in their oppression.  I will, however, take great pleasure and satisfaction in divesting white men of their fallacious sense of superiority, their unearned privilege, their arrogance, their condescension and their inherent racist beliefs.  White men have never been the victims of oppression in this society.  They have never been historically and systematically discriminated against.  They have positions of power in which they can maintain institutionalized racism and it is for those and other reasons I will continue to dominate them psychologically.  I do not dominate them sexually as I will not conform to their racist sexual fetishes but I will educate them, I will divest them of their false sense of superiority and I will make them see that my natural superiority is not a role I play to fuel their racist beliefs of what a Black woman is.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right! Black men and women should realize their own divinity! They are so divine and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking more about what you wrote. I been thinking about black women and their hair. How they always try to straighten it and wear wigs and whatnot. And I been noticing that they learn it from each other. Little girls learn it from their moms. The pressure to have straight hair is black on black. In fact, I think the weird shit that black women be doing to their hair can actually be somewhat of an impediment to black women and white women being able to say "we're the same" because of the idea that "white people just don't understand black hair". I'm like, "what???". YOU the one wearing a motherfuckin WIG! I feel like many white people could say "I understand your hair. It's curly. I don't understand all the weird shit you be doing to it to alter it and make it look different from normal"... So it seems that black women doing all this weird fucked up shit to their hair is obviously not to impress or mingle with white people.... I think black women look much sexier with original afro hair styles. Corn rows are my favorite. They are sexy!!!.... So I've been thinking that black women prolly be straightening their hair mostly as a way to look sexy for black men in a sort of racially humiliating kink. And you kind of just validated that to me in this article. It's interesting.... But me personally I prefer a BLACK woman. With dark skin. Natural braided hair. Thick lips. Thats just how I feel. Maybe the ways how I am attracted to black women and afro features is the same phenomenon that causes black men to prefer light skinned white features and straight hair.... idk.

Anonymous said...

I feel like the things that turn men on the most are actually their greatest fears of losing sexually. Like their arrousal is the desperate frustration they experience when faced with possibilty of loosing sexually and reproductively.