AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Random Thoughts

I’ve been on a spiritual journey for more than 20 years now.   I’ve been fortunate enough to know my mission for over 15 years now: to create social change, to educate, and enlighten, to lift the consciousness of African Americans, and to break the chains of mental slavery that imprison descendents of slaves.  I write about the impact of slavery on the collective consciousness of African Americans and I use a non-conventional medium to bring about conversations of personal growth, transformation, and healing.  Every single moment of the past decade has been spent trying to accomplish that goal with a laser-like focus.  
 
 
Unfortunately, I have failed at every juncture to spread my message to the masses.  I’ve journaled, prayed, meditated, I’ve sacrificed, redefined myself, read more books than you can shake a stick at, and I’ve done rituals.  I’ve used the techniques of creative visualization and acted as if my outcome was assured.  I jumped but the parachute did not open. As I lay there, battered and bruised, I had a Conversation with God, trying to find a way to go on.  I was given a Celestine Prophecy that I was to go out and spread the message about a paradigmatic shift in consciousness that has to occur so I started out on The Road Less Traveled.  I came to a fork in the road and I decided to take The Artist’s Way.  Everyone I met, I tried to share The Secret, and I offered to teach him or her A Course in Miracles. 

 

I feel discouraged that human consciousness can evolve because I see so many people holding on to and defending such dysfunctional patterns.  The groupthink that pervades the earth’s thoughts are so out of alignment with truth and love, that I can imagine a new earth but I don’t see us getting there in my lifetime without a shift mastered and engineered by the Creator of all.  It would take nothing less than a miracle for humanity to evolve.  All of my thoughts are consumed with trying to help my people see how we have been warped by a system of chattel slavery and how we are still enslaved to debilitating belief systems.  I will try to hold on to a belief that something better is around the corner, that I will be able to experience peace, love, joy and freedom in my lifetime. 

 

I am an avid practioner of the religion of Scottism.  It is a religion of one member, me.  My current understanding of God came to me in two separate epiphanies, both less than a fraction of a second in time, one almost 20 years ago, the other during the alignment of the planets in May 2000.  My first flash revealed that this world is an illusion, nothing is real.  Everything is energy vibrating as different speeds.  God is the source of all that energy.  That chair does not exist, my body does not exist.  Everything is energy in motion with no beginning and no end.

 

During my second revelation, it was revealed to me that ALL is God (I’ll use that word because it’s the one that means the I AM, the Universe, the Creator, Divine Spirit, the Unspeakable to me) Regrettably, my human language and English limitations prohibit me from explaining all that was revealed but I knew in that flash, that holy moment. God is the energy of all that is; there is nothing else but God.  God exists as all light, all love, the highest vibration.  God is like a room of nothing but pure white light.  When we were God, we did not ever go outside that room; we did not know that anything other than God existed, because nothing else did.  God decided to experience something “other” and created this “reality” as an “experiment” (these aren’t the right words, but I don’t have the lexicon to articulate it properly). 

 

Everything is an illusion.  All there is is God; our vision allows us to think that these experiences of life have value.  There is no such thing as pain or joy, evil or good.  Just as a drop of water from the sea contains all that makes up the sea, we, too, are but tiny drops in the infinite sea of God.  God, in an effort to experience something other than itself, has created us as actors in a play.  Our costumes are our bodies.   Our roles are our life experiences. We play these roles to experience the illusion of other, when in fact there is nothing but the Most High God.  Just as an actor is not the character he or she portrays, we are not these human beings we think we are.  Everyone, everything is God.  The murderer, the saint, the scholar, the destitute are all God vibrating at different levels to experience other than the highest vibration.  We are all the embodiment of God experiencing different vibrations. When we leave these bodies, we will be reunited, remembered with the body of God, our drops will be added back to the sea of God, we will live in the room of light again.
 
 

I write about issues of race.  I get hatred, venom, and outrage on a daily basis from people when I say anything other than color doesn’t matter.  I am called a racist and any number of vile and repulsive things because I am addressing things that people refuse to think about or accept.  I’m a Black woman, so I face a unique situation in that not only am I discounted by white people who have a pathological need to hold on to the status quo, but also I’m discounted by black people who have a abhorrent hatred of me holding a mirror up to our dysfunctions and asking them to change.  I’m also the victim of a peculiar brand of sexism in that anything I say is discounted as nonsense because I don’t have a penis.

 

I write about issues of sexuality.  I get hatred, venom, and death threats on a daily basis from those with a vested interest in holding on to a heterosexist, homophobic, patriarchal, misogynist world-view.

 

I listen to the words of Barack Obama’s speech Yes, We Can, and I have hope that we can change.  I listen to the words of John Mayer’s song, Waiting on the World to Change, and I have hope.  I read the words of hatred from people who don’t know me, who hate me for trying to address painful issues and I don’t see how we can ever get there.

No comments: