AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I am Black


What do you see when you see me? Do you see responsibility and dignity encoded in my DNA? Do you see generations of survival and struggle in my eyes? Open your third eye and see that I am Black. I am a black woman with the burdens, trials, and tribulations that come along with that honor. Don’t look at the color of my skin to see my blackness, that the sun has graced me with its kisses. See my blackness and my femininity as intricately intertwined and divinely gifted, see my blackness as my nature and my demeanor, not the way society has narrowly defined me. The realization of my true place as a black woman did not come until I let go of my insecurities and fears, my false beliefs that kept me separated from my other half. My soul was incomplete without the presence of my Nubian king. He waited patiently for me to grow and mature, she waited for me to wear the crown that had my name inscribed on it so that we could reign together. Now that I have found him, I will not forsake his love. My thoughts are filled with ways I can bring a smile to his lips, those sweet and seductive lips that make my knees weak and my palms sweaty when they gently touch my cheek . . . my brow. I am filled with the need to give him pleasure like he’s never known before, to bring him satisfaction until he passes out from sensory overload. Laying my head on his chest, finding that spot that belongs only to me fills me with a profound joy and peace like I’ve never known before. With his arms wrapped tightly around my brown curves, I know my challenge is to show him my emotional wounds and let him heal them with his compassion and his love. I’m humbled by the ways I’ve grown with him and his ability to see me as a complete human being, not just an object to acquire. She is the reason for me being and I’m made whole in his arms.

Copyright 2005 AfroerotiK

3 comments:

Sylvia Hubbard said...

lovely!

Sylvia Hubbard said...

lovely. you have a very eloquent way of putting things.

changeseeker said...

Have you submitted a post to the Erase Racism BlogCarnival, Scottie? There are several categories to choose from, I think, and you have some great posts to offer them. They're accepting submissions through today, as I understand it, at http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_303.html