AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Monday, August 25, 2014

I am Black





What do you see when you see me?  Do you see responsibility and dignity encoded in my DNA?  Do you see generations of survival and struggle in my skin?  Open your eyes, your mind, your heart and see that I am Black.  I’m a black man with the burdens, trials, and tribulations that come along with that honor.  Don’t look at my color to see my blackness, that the sun has graced me with its kisses.  See my blackness and my manhood as intricately intertwined and divinely gifted, see my blackness as my nature and my demeanor, not the way society has narrowly defined me.  

The realization of my true place as a black man did not come until I let go of my insecurities and fears, my false beliefs that kept me separated from my other half.  My soul was incomplete without the presence of you, my queen.  You waited patiently for me to grow and mature, you waited for me to wear the crown that had my name inscribed on it so that we could reign together.  Now that I have found you, I will not forsake your love.  My thoughts are filled with ways I can bring a smile to your lips, those sweet and seductive lips that make my knees weak and my palms sweaty when you gently touch my cheek . . . my brow.  I am filled with the need to give you pleasure like you’ve never known before, to bring you satisfaction until you pass out from sensory overload.  Laying your head on my chest, finding that spot that belongs only to you fills me with a profound joy like I’ve never known before.  With my arms wrapped tightly around your exquisite brown curves, I know my challenge is to show you my emotional wounds and let you heal them with your compassion and your love.  I’m humbled by the ways I’ve grown with you and my newfound ability to see you as a complete human being, not just an object for me to acquire.  You are the reason for my being and I’m made whole in your arms.  

Copyright 2006 Scottie Lowe  All rights reserved. 

No comments: