AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Do openly bisexual Black men really exist?

I'm only interested in openly bisexual Black men as partners. I'm not attracted to bi men who are DL, the ones who can't admit that they are physically or emotionally attracted to other men. I'm not looking for a super freaky threesome either. The last reason I'm looking for a bisexual man is sexual. I'm interested in openly bisexual Black men for many reasons, primarily because I'm attracted to men who have let go of absurd notions of gender and sexuality. I’m interested in bisexual men who can acknowledge that their manhood and masculinity aren't defined by how they experience pleasure. I'm only attracted to men who can distance themselves from the misogynist, patriarchal, sexist, oppressive notions of what it is to be man and how society tells men to relate to women. Men who have redefined their notions of top and bottom and see themselves as sexual beings without labels arouse me. I'm attracted to bisexual men for a host of socio-political reasons but I can't seem to find a bisexual man who is interested in forming a relationship with me. They either prefer men or they find some excuse to display knee jerk homophobia in front of other people. I desire an openly bisexual man. That doesn't mean that he has to wear a t-shirt in public saying "I like Dick," but he at least has to speak up when people say antiquated, homophobic comments. He can't pretend to be straight around people and then only admit his sexual attraction to men behind closed doors. We are so distorted and warped as a people; our sexuality is so unhealthy and dysfunctional that I'm beginning to think that openly bisexual men don't exist.

3 comments:

Gurl said...

This is actually a great question. In one way I agree that people should blur the lines more about gender and sexuality.

We are sexual people and attraction sometimes is not based on gender. On the other hand I wonder about the label of bi-sexual...I don't really think someone can be bi-sexual.

Either way I agree that more men...black and other races should be more honest and open.

Unknown said...

Openly bi sexual men do exist even though they seem to be few in numbers I have met a few. the reason so many are on the el is simply because of a fear. we fear not being accepted we fear isolating our selves from family and friends and we fears disappointing the God we worship. and I like the term bisexual homosexual and heterosexual they are colorless terms that have less of a specific cultural association with them unlike DL and gay

9-high said...

Maybe I'm slow. Maybe I am too conservative and stunted sexually. But, I'm very uncomfortable for any woman to sexually desire bisexual men. While I think you want a man who sincerely wants you and can go there without limits..bisexual??? is just too far out there ( I want limits ). I think you mentioned in a earlier post about the need for fidelity in your future relationship...doesn't this bisexual rant conflict with your hearts desire ?