AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Friday, September 22, 2006

The Lovers Speak

A love that God has ordained, two souls that were created at the same time, cannot be destroyed or separated by fear. Love is the ultimate truth and that universal love cannot be broken. You’ve come home to me, to us, because our energy is far greater together than apart. You will not find another that will hold you through the night and anticipate your needs like I will. No one else will fuel you passions and satisfy them so completely. It’s not vanity that makes me speak these words. It’s the recognition that we are the sum of two parts that together make a whole. United we are stronger, together we can accomplish any task. You are my Nubian King and I live to serve you, to exalt you as divinely capable, strong, and wise. I know that I reign supremely as your queen; not your servant or your maid but as your partner and your equal. We have put aside those notions of subservience and we have defined anew how we will command authority as a couple. I love you. I love you from the depths of my soul and I place that love upon a pedestal to be honored and cherished. I love your full, sensual lips and those deep expressive eyes that undress me from across the room. I love your stubborn demeanor that yields to reason. I love all of you, flaws and imperfections, strengths and talents too. You promised me a lifetime ago that one day we would join together to become one, to fulfill our destinies and you’ve fulfilled your promise. This love is greater than I’ve ever known. This love is stronger than my mind could conceive and it fills me with a peace that transcends time and space.

Copyright 2005 AfroerotiK

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your prose on Black love. I could sit here all day and read it. Your short thoughts/descriptions are inspirational to me. Beautiful.
Thank You.