AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Newfound Perspective (or My Grand Epiphanal Revelation)

I am largely discouraged by the state of emotional and spiritual evolution of the vast majority of people. My frustration stems from seeing my people tied to behaviors, beliefs, and slave mentality that keeps us dysfunctional. Even those of us who claim to be enlightened, conscious, and evolved have more often than not replaced one set of unhealthy behaviors for another, or, in some cases, haven’t replaced any of their mindsets, only changed their name to one that is Kemetic or African and kept on with their patriarchal, misogynist, Western, capitalist, religious dogma.

Black men are emotionally immature. I don’t know how many other ways I can say it, I don’t know how many examples I need to show to prove it. Not just the thugs and the rappers, not just the impoverished and imprisoned, but Black men socialized in our society have not been taught to process their emotions in a way that is healthy. Black women are complicit and complacent in a society that keeps them oppressed. They have been socialized to conform to standards that deny them their individuality, true womanhood, and freedom in lieu of speaking out, standing up, and raging against the systems that oppress us. Slave mentality exists at every end of the spectrum in ways that manifest itself differently depending upon one’s education and income but certainly no one is immune from its ugly reality. White people are suffering from what appears to be mass/group insanity and tied to their racists beliefs and holding on to them for dear life.

Therefore, going forward, I intend to divorce myself from the process of trying to educate, enlighten, debate, teach, or persuade anyone of anything. If you think that Black women are the reason the Black community has fallen apart, that’s cool. If you think that feminists have a plan to emasculate Black men, that’s cool too. If you think that Africans have a right to the US land because it’s been proven that they were here first and that Native Americans have no such claim, more power to you. From here on out, I will be polite and cordial to the masses and let them have their beliefs without questioning them. I will befriend the few and the rare whom I feel have achieved a certain amount of enlightenment with the hopes that they can help me on my journey for continual healing. I will celebrate the few Black men who are emotionally mature, I will champion the small percentage of Black women who are fighting the system of patriarchy, I will reach out to the infinitesimal minority of white people who are actively involved in divesting themselves of a fallacy of white supremacy. I will continue to write with the hopes that my words will have an impact and I will continue to lead my life in alignment with the principles and guidelines that set me apart from the masses with the hopes that I might be an example to some. That’s all I can do.

May 23, 2010

Scottie Lowe

6 comments:

Spinster said...

I feel the same way. Most people aren't ready, nor do they want to be.

Kasual Whispers said...

Me being a "BLACK MAN", and stepping outside the social bondage that most black men live in today, I have a geniune concern for those who lake the knowledge of a queen and the strengths she posseses. From raises our children the best she can without the man even being there. Then there are the men as myself who wants to do all they can for there child and the mother is, a 12 year old in a 38 year olds body, that wishes to say that she is so holier than though but won't set aside the differences that the two have so that the child will be able to grow up and know her true father and not the 50 other boys to men(lol) that she'd date. And it's sad that racism still in the minds of people today. I pray that knowledge will over shadow the beliefs of the people. People of all race, creed or color.
Scottie I love your knowledge... And Peace be unto you.

stampedestu said...

When one is at peace, we understand implicitly that in this life's journey, we cannot elevate the consciousness of most adults, because they are comfortable in who they are, and what they want. Most people, after they turn 18 years old, only can change emotionally if they are subjected to great pain, trials, and tribulations. Most of our patterns, opinions, and mindsets are set by that age, and most people are unwilling and unable to change.
Take, for example, the drug addict who has "found Jesus". These individuals, heralded as being "greatly changed" in their behaviors, have simply traded one addiction for another. They have hardly changed.
I have noticed, for a number of years, you tell people many uncomfortable truths. Rather than listen to you, they attack the messenger, telling you that you are "bitter", "meanspirited", because you confront their very "comfortable" concepts of self. To tell someone who is making six figures, and has a littany of university degrees that their concept of "success" is bogus goads the most vicious attacks at the person holding the mirror up to these fraudulent "successes".
Your newfound acceptance that most people are intransigent in their mindsets shows great evolution on your part. One can only hope to have SOME influence on your readership; to believe that you can change the world with a blog is pure folly.................the indoctrination of "western ideals" and "culture" is too inculcated into the mindset of your people.

AfroerotiK said...

I have been able to change individuals with my words, I can change the world with my words but I have no interest in getting more gray hair to do so.

Kasual Whispers said...

Amen to no more grey hairs

blkorgasm said...

all we can do is further our progression as a people... one mind at a time.