AfroerotiK

Erotic provocateur, racially-influenced humanist, relentless champion for the oppressed, and facilitator for social change, Scottie Lowe is the brain child, creative genius and the blood, sweat, and tears behind AfroerotiK. Intended to be part academic, part educational, and part sensual, she, yes SHE gave birth to the website to provide people of African descent a place to escape the narrow-mined, stereotypical, limiting and oft-times degrading beliefs that abound about our sexuality. No, not all Black men are driven by lust by white flesh or to create babies and walk away. No, not all Black women are promiscuous welfare queens. And as hard as it may be to believe, no, not all gay Black men are feminine, down low, or HIV positive. Scottie is putting everything on the table to discuss, debate, and dismantle stereotypes in a healthy exchange of ideas. She hopes to provide a more holistic, informed, and enlightened discussion of Black sexuality and dreams of helping couples be more open, honest, and adventurous in their relationships.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

My sexuality



I am, above all else, committed not to sharing my body with anyone who doesn’t meet my extremely high standards. In this, misogynist, sexist society, I’m looked down upon for having such high standards. Apparently, I’m supposed to have low standards so that any man who wants to fuck me can do so without any critique or criticism from me. My stringent standards have me spending much of my time alone, which I’m not happy with, but it is exponentially better than the alternative of spending it with someone whom I find emotionally immature, mentally enslaved, or just plain mediocre.

My “open mindedness” is perhaps a little bit more than most men would like. I’m not at all interested in heterosexual men. I am not attracted to them, I don’t desire to have a man who identifies himself as straight as a partner, and I can’t be convinced that a heterosexual man can be my night in shining armor if I only allow him to be. My interest is exclusively in openly bisexual men; men who have been in romantic relationships with another man, who are comfortable with being a switch, who have been penetrated and moreover, who don’t mind me penetrating them with toys.

I’m really looking for love. My perversions, if you will, are fetishes that I’m really looking to divorce myself from. At this stage in my life, I’m looking to experience passionate, erotic, sensuous, intense love making without the trappings of the extremes that have aroused me in the past. I deserve to feel loved and cared for in each of my love making experiences. I’m not saying I want it to be soft and tender every time, but I no longer want to be called a bitch and slut while I’m having sex with my partner either. It’s my declaration that I deserve to be cherished by my partner, not a slave to kinks and preferences that have been influenced by a society that takes pride in degrading women and making sex something dirty.

I’m not the super freak, hyper sexual, do-it-all woman that people make me out to be. I’m probably more sexually conservative than most people because I don’t have sex with people who don’t earn my trust, admiration and love; I’m just more public in my discussions of sex.

1 comment:

Exiled said...

Kudos, I feel you on this. Point made and taken, no explanation needed.